Director of College and Career Initiatives
- Current Employer(s): The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, Inc.
- Bio:Sarah recently stepped into the role of Director of College & Career Initiatives with The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools. She also owns a photography business specializing in portrait and travel photography. Sarah began her professional career with Lee County in April 2012 as an Administrative Assistant in DOT Operations.Previously, she was a Business Development Specialist for the Lee County Economic Development Office where she focused on outreach to local businesses, assisting with business retention and expansion needs. In May 2016, Sarah graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Business Supervision and Management from Florida SouthWestern State College. She completed the program with a 3.4 GPA and was part of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Today, Sarah’s focus is expanding her network and growing her photography business. She also finds time to give back to the community by volunteering for ACT, Habitat for Humanity, SWFL Supportive Moms, and donating her photography services photo packages to help raise money for multiple causes.
- Community Involvement:– ACT (2016-2017)
– Habitat for Humanity (2016)
– SWFL Supportive Moms (2016-2017)
– FEMA Hurricane Irma Relief (2017)
– A New Beginning Food Pantry (2017)
- Favorite things to do outside of work: Photography! I usually always have my camera with me just in case I spot something interesting to shoot. Traveling! I love to see new places, try new foods, and experience new things. Riding my motorcycle! As dangerous as it can be, I love the free feeling and the thrill.
- Favorite quote:“Life Is Like A Camera. Focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out take another shot.”- ― Ziad K. Abdelnour, Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics
- What does SWFL mean to you:I didn’t quite realize what SWFL meant to me until I moved away recently, and quickly returned. SWFL is my home now. My family is not here. I didn’t grow up here. But, I’ve started a life here. In six years, I’ve attended FSW and received my Bachelors in Business Management, and built a network while serving on the board for the YP News Press as well as Leadership NEXT. I’ve made lifelong friends, and built my photography business. SWFL is where I’ve started a life and where I want to stay.
- Best advice you’ve received:Happiness is a choice and everything else is a matter of perspective. Choose happiness.
- What drives you:Fear and faith. I will never allow myself to fail, so that drives me to always keep pushing. Without God, I wouldn’t have that strength.
- Biggest influences:My step-dad was my biggest influence. He was a hard worker and always made sure the family, including four children that were not his, were taken care of. He had a heart of gold and always kept a positive attitude. He is an angel now, watching over me, and I strive to have the same willpower and heart as he did.
- Last book read:#GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso