- Current Employer(s): Fidelity Investments
- Bio:Richard Michel was born and raised in Haiti. He moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida in ’07 to pursue a degree in Business Management. In the fall of 2010, Richard transferred to FGCU and became very involved on the campus through multiple student organizations and his leadership culminated into being elected as the Student Body Treasurer, overseeing a $4.1 million budget for Student Government. He graduated with a double major in Management and Marketing in 2013 and started working for Fidelity Investments in December 2013. As a licensed financial representative, Richard supports a team of financial advisors who help clients achieve their financial goals. When he’s not pursuing his career goals, you may find Richard catching a flight to a random country where he enjoys connecting with locals, learning about their culture and food. Richard also enjoys an active lifestyle and finds time to crossfit 4 times a week and kick a soccer ball around at the North Collier Regional Park.
- Community Involvement:> Hope for Haiti-Next Generation Board- ’14- Present> Young Professionals Season Kick Off- Event Co-Chair- ’15> Young Professionals of Naples- Networking Events Chair- ’15-’16
> SWFL Annual Gatsby Gala-Committee Co-Chair- 2016-2017
> Young Professionals of Naples- Vice President- ’16-’17
- Favorite things to do outside of work: Catching a plane and going to some random international country and getting to know new people, their culture and enjoying their food.
- Favorite quote: “Do what you said you would do even if the feeling in which you said it is long gone.”
- What does SWFL mean to you:My first home away from Home
- Best advice you’ve received:Don’t ever let anybody tell you, you can’t do something.
- What drives you:My unwavering belief that I have to use my God-given talents to create positive change in my community.
- Biggest influences:My father and childhood mentor.
- Last book read:The Slight Edge