Founder of Eva’s Closet & Foundation
- Current Employer(s): Self
- Bio:Jessica received her undergraduate degree in Sociology in 2002 from Framingham State College in Massachusetts. Jessica was raised in Massachusetts, where she resided until the age of 22. Jessica worked within the child welfare system for 11 years in Collier County. She graduated in May of 2016 from Florida Gulf Coast University with her Masters’ Degree in Social Work. Jessica developed a passion for social work at a young age, as her great aunt Eva introduced her to the field during childhood, as her aunt was the founder of a shelter for abused women in Worcester, Massachusetts. Jessica established Eva’s Closet & Foundation in early 2016. Eva’s Closet provides essential items at no cost to children, families, & Title I Schools in need in SWFL, including clothing, shoes, food, baby supplies, household items, school uniforms, school supplies, furniture & disaster relief supplies. Eva’s Closet aids children & families living in poverty, domestic violence victims, foster children, foster children aging out of foster care, low income single parents & children, refugee families, victims of natural disasters, homeless families, & newborns, infants, & children in need. Jessica’s family resides in SWFL; they are extremely supportive & involved in her social service endeavors.
- Community Involvement:Volunteer/group facilitator- Valerie’s House- 2016-2017
Big Sister for Big Brother Big Sister Program- 2015-2016
Yoga teacher/volunteer for Family Initiative Program -2017- Current
- Favorite things to do outside of work: Yoga, travel, trying new foods & new restaurants.
- Favorite quote:To work for the common good is the greatest creed.
- What does SWFL mean to you:Community, family, love, connection, service, & beauty.
- Best advice you’ve received:Work hard, have fun! Everything is temporary, dwell in gratitude.
- What drives you:Compassion, the ability & love of aiding & empowering others in need. The desire to better our local community.
- Biggest influences:My great aunt Eva, who was the founder of a shelter for abused women in Massachusetts. Ghandi, my father, & my mother.
- Last book read:Untethered Soul.