Director of Sales
- Current Employer(s): Florida Fishing Products
- Bio: Growing up in a small town in upstate New York called Hurley, I was active in sports and achieved the Eagle Scout rank at only 15. At 16, my family and I moved to Southwest Florida where I attended Bishop Verot High School. After graduation, I continued my studies at Florida Gulf Coast where I majored in Business Finance with a minor in Marketing. During my time at FGCU, I discovered my passion for community service and involvement. With the help of friends, I grew the Fishing Club into one of the largest sports clubs on campus, led a team to establish the most successful CCA Florida college chapter in the state, and matured a memorial fishing tournament to become one of the largest in Southwest Florida. After my time at FGCU, I turned a two-year long internship with Northwestern Mutual into a full time job and successful practice. I enjoyed my job of helping individuals plan for their future, but soon a larger issue appeared at the forefront. The estuaries and water quality throughout the state were in decline, especially in Southwest Florida, and I knew I needed to change my direction to help. An opportunity to co-own and work with a new company, Florida Fishing Products, was offered and I accepted. At this point in my life, I am lucky enough to align my passions with my work in order to make a real difference.
- Community Involvement: – Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America 2007
– FGCU Fishing Club President – May 2014 – May 2016
– CCA Florida Eagles Chapter – Founding President – Helped raise over $75,000 between two banquets – April 2015 – Current
– Captains for Clean Water – Community Outreach Coordinator – Volunteer – Oct 2016 – Current
– Fallen Eagle Redfish Classic – Weigh Master 2015, Tournament Director 2016
– Helped create and endow the Jesse M. Woodyard Academic Scholarship through the FGCU Foundation. Currently has about $30,000 from the Fallen Eagle Redfish Classic.
– Celebrating Abilities Fishing Rodeo – Lee County Parks a Rec. Special Needs Department – Organizer – Director – Spring 2015, Fall 2015
– Thrive Community Church – Volunteer – August 2014 – May 2015
– Pi Sigma Epsilon – Founding Member – First Co-ed business fraternity at FGCU and first PSE chapter in Florida
– FGCU Alumni Association Board of Directors – August 2017 – Current
– FGCU Alumni Association Leadership Academy – 2017
- Favorite things to do outside of work: Either enjoying the outdoors or helping to protect it. I love playing golf and tennis, but my passion lies with the water. I’m an avid fisherman, fly fishing enthusiast, and even tie my own saltwater flies. I volunteer in my free time with Captains For Clean Water, a nonprofit organization that educates and advocates for implementing science-based, long-term sustainable solutions to the problems facing our marine estuaries in Florida. I see first hand the devastating effects our current water management practices are having on the coastal marine ecosystems, so I do everything I can to ensure that future generations can experience the beauty of fishing like I have.
- Favorite quote: “Born to fish, forced to work.”
- What does SWFL mean to you: SWFL is everything to me. It’s my home, where I work, where I play and where I plan to grow old.
- Best advice you’ve received: Learn from your mistakes and always give 100 percent.
- What drives you: I work hard now so later in life I can look back and say it was all worth it.
- Biggest influences: My parents and grandparents.
- Last book read: The Lean Startup by Eric Reis