Senior Revenue Management Analyst
- Current Employer(s): The Hertz Corporation
- Bio: Ryan was born and raised in Fort Myers, Florida, and received his bachelor’s degree and MBA at Florida Gulf Coast University. He currently works at The Hertz Corporation’s global headquarters, in Estero, as a Senior Revenue Management Analyst. His job consists of working with general managers at specific airport locations to maintain and grow a targeted revenue each year. Ryan currently serves on the FGCU Alumni Board of Directors as the Programming Board Chair. He also sits on the Marketing Department Advisory Board and recently participated in the Lutgert College of Business Strategic Planning Committee. He is a recent graduate of the Leadership Florida class program-Connect Class VII, and will be serving on the Leadership Florida Southwest Florida Regional Council. His greatest achievement thus far is being a part of the Hertz team that helped to build two homes with Habitat for Humanity.
- Community Involvement: *Leadership Florida Southwest Regional Council (2017)
*Leadership Florida Statewide Leadership Academy-Connect Florida Class VII Graduate (2016-Present)
*Community Chair, Young Spirits and Alliances Hertz ERG (2016-Present)
Junior Achievement (2016-Present)
*Vice Chairman Staff Parish Committee, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church (2016-Present)
*Lutgert College of Business Strategic Planning Committee, Florida Gulf Coast University (2016)
*Marketing Department Advisory Board Member, Florida Gulf Coast University (2014-Present)
*Florida Gulf Coast University Alumni Association Board of Directors (2014-Present)
*American Cancer Society (2014-Present)
*Chairman Board of Trustees, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church (2013-2016)
*Habitat for Humanity, Liaison between Hertz and Habitat for Humanity Collier County (2014-2015)
*Auction Committee Member, Naples Community Hospital Annual Charity Banquet (2014)
- Favorite things to do outside of work: I am a big college football/college basketball fan. I grew up a Florida Gator so I always must cheer for the Gators, however, when it comes to college basketball I am all about “Dunk City.” I also enjoy playing sports and being outside in the Florida sun, whether it be playing basketball, golf, or being out on the water.
- Favorite quote: “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” Jack Welch
- What does SWFL mean to you: SWFL is and always will be home to me. I was born and raised in Fort Myers and this community has given me so much. I love being able to give back to the community that supported me throughout my entire life. When push comes to shove, SWFL sticks together. This has been proven time and time again throughout my life.
- Best advice you’ve received: Don’t be afraid to fail; failing leads to growth. Do not ever give up no matter how many times you fail, success is just around the corner.
- What drives you: Growing up, there were so many people in my life who were “Upstanding Citizens,” people who always did the right thing. I remember thinking that I wanted to be like those individuals when I grow up. Now it is my turn to be a community leader and hopefully influence someone younger than me to carry on the tradition. I am driven by making a small difference in someone else’s life every day. If I can do that over the course of my entire life, I will have had a good life.
- Biggest influences: I truly believe you are only as good as the company you keep, this is something my parents engrained into my head from early on in life. Between my parents, my church family, my friends, and work colleagues, I truly have some incredible people in my life that continue to push me to be the best version of myself.
- Last book read: I am more of a podcast kind of guy; my favorite is the Success Insider podcast. The goal of this podcast is to engage and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.