Owner of Two Guys Kitchen & Catering, Client Associate, Front Door Security
- Current Employer(s): Two Guys Kitchen & Catering, Merrill Lynch, Blue Martini
- Bio: Peter Falisi is co-owner of Two Guys Kitchen & Catering. You wouldn’t find him in the kitchen though, he leaves the cooking to his brother, Larry Falisi. Peter’s role in the company is business development, marketing, and sales.Peter was born and raised in New York until 2005 when he and his family made the move to Naples, Florida. He attended Palmetto Ridge High School in Naples and graduated as valedictorian of his class in 2009. Peter furthered his academic career by attending the University of Florida where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics. After graduating, Peter started to pursue a career in finance with Merrill Lynch, and it was at the office where he realized the opportunity for Two Guys Kitchen & Catering.
Coming from an Italian family, food was always the center of any holiday or party. Growing up, Peter’s family would regularly host parties for friends and family for all occasions, giving them a small taste of what was to come in the future. These parties gave Peter’s brother an introduction to food. He quickly grew a passion for cooking and learned the family recipes from their grandmother. This was the perfect complement to Peter’s financial background, creating the foundation to their business. The family decided to officially start Two Guys Kitchen and Catering in October 2015. It initially only provided lunches for office meetings; however, this business has quickly grown.
Over the past two years, their business plan has continued to develop. They have expanded from lunch only to breakfast, cocktail events, and private dinner parties. Their menu has also changed from offering a limited Italian menu, to include a large variety of options and often cooking special requests. Peter looks to continue growing the business through developing relationships in the community with local businesses, and they have even bigger plans for the future.
Two Guys is preparing to open their first restaurant that will be a fresh casual style. The restaurant is located in River Reach Plaza on Airport Pulling Road just north of the Naples Airport. They will have seating for 20 people and will offer individual meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Peter and Larry are also developing a menu of pre-made meals that will be available at the restaurant that people can easily grab and go throughout the day. Having their own restaurant will provide the unique opportunity to host private parties. With limited event venues in the Naples area, Peter thinks their spot will be perfect for someone looking to celebrate any occasion. He expects to get plenty of requests for birthday parties, family reunions, and rehearsal dinners which they will be able to have custom menus for.
Peter is very grateful for all of the support from the community to get this business off the ground, and he is also excited for everything that the future has in store for Two Guys Kitchen and Catering.
- Community Involvement: March of Dimes
Relay for Life
Florida Parkinson’s Association
Pace Center for Girls Naples
Meals of Hope
Multiple Sclerosis Center of Southwest Florida
Legacy Veteran Scholarship (FGCU Scholarship)
Pickleball for All Naples
Lighthouse of Collier
Make a Wish Foundation
- Favorite things to do outside of work: Play Basketball, Traveling-specifically visiting baseball stadiums and breweries
- Favorite quote: Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. –Coach John Wooden
- What does SWFL mean to you: To me SWFL is home. The community that you will find here in SWFL is truly a family. This community always comes together to help those in need. Our recovery from the devastating events of Hurricane Irma are a prime example of this. I couldn’t be more proud to be a member in this community and to try and do my part.
- Best advice you’ve received: Time is your most valuable asset. In college, an alumnus gave a presentation about time management. He spoke about how critical it is to spend your time wisely and to make the most out of the time that you have. Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day.
- What drives you: My family is my biggest motivator. I have a very close relationship with my family and we have always worked as a unit together. I guess it only makes sense that we would create and open our own business together.
- Biggest influences: The biggest influence in my life is my father, Larry Falisi. Growing up, I have never seen anyone work harder than my father. He is a retired a New York City Police Officer, and also had several other jobs to provide for our family. His work ethic, reliability, and treatment others is what is most inspiring to me.
- Last book read: The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham