- Current Employer(s): Elegant Concepts
- Bio:Nicole Rieg, a Southwest Florida native, graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University in 2013 with a BS in Business Management, the first in her family to hold a college degree. Nicole began her career as the Special Programs and Events Coordinator for the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, where she fell in love with non-profits and connecting individuals and businesses to the community. After three years, she was approached with the opportunity to serve as the Community Relations Coordinator for the local soup kitchen, Community Cooperative. For almost two years, Nicole was an advocate for the non-profit and was able to help countless of hungry and homeless individuals in need throughout Lee County.In 2016 while working full time, Nicole decided to take a leap of faith and open Elegant Concepts, a wedding and event décor rental boutique located in the heart of Fort Myers, alongside her mom. Through the business, the pair have been able to not only make bride’s Pinterest dreams come true, but to support the local non-profit community through countless in-kind donations to special fundraising events. Nicole currently serves as on the board of directors for the Florida Gulf Cost University Alumni Association as well as the National Association of Wedding Professionals: Fort Myers Chapter. She is also an active member of the community and serves on various committees to support the non-profit community, with a special interest in those geared towards education and children.
- Community Involvement:-• 2013-current: Southwest Florida Reading Festival Committee: “Volunteer Recruitment” chair and emcee for the Reading Rocks! Teen Battle of the Bands
• 2016-current: Board of Directors for the FGCU Alumni Association: “Awards and Recognition Chair” and “Nominating Committee”: Assisting with the annual FGCU Alumni Awards and Alumni recognition for Eagles excelling in their careers and personal businesses. Assisting with the process and selection of incoming and renewing board members.
• 2016-current: Board of Directors for the National Association of Wedding Professionals: “Media Chair”: Creating and implementing new strategies to build value for members. Maintaining email communication and social media sites for the non-profit organization.
• 2016-current: Uncommon Friends Foundation, Uncommon Evening committee member
• 2017 SWFL Young Professional Ball: Gatsby Gala Committee Member
• 2016 Non-profit events supported by Elegant Concepts through in-kind donations:
o The American Cancer Society: Cattle Barons Ball
o Community Cooperative: Becoming Cosmopolitan
o The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce and Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau: Chrysalis Awards
o The Great Gatsby Gala
o The Uncommon Friends Foundation: Uncommon Evening
o Valarie’s House: Inaugural Fundraiser
- Favorite things to do outside of work: I love to travel; My favorite days are when my husband and I can just jump in the car and go with no real destination.
- Favorite quote:You will never work a day in your life if you love what you do.
- What does SWFL mean to you:Southwest Florida is the place that I am lucky enough to call home. It is where I grew up, went to school, started my career, met my husband, work, play… it is everything to me.
- Best advice you’ve received:The only way to get over a fear or something you are uncomfortable with doing is to just do it. Continue to do it until you are good at it.
- What drives you:The ability to help someone in need and make a difference in the community.
- Biggest influences:My parents (of course!) and my “first real boss”/biggest supporter I could ever ask for, Erika Hilliard, Director of Operation for the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce. She took the time to invest in me for nearly three years and was willing to take a chance hiring the “young kid” fresh out of school. I am grateful for her mentoring, patience and confidence in me when I didn’t have it in myself.
- Last book read:The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey