Ingredients For Cake
3 Cups Flour
1 ½ tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
½ Cup Butter, Melted
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Mollases
1/3 Cup Dark Karo Syrup
1 Tbsp Vanilla
3 ½ Cups Carrots, Large Shred
2 Cups Pecans, Chopped
1 Cup Crushed Pineapple
1 1/2 Cup Raisins
Ingredients For Icing
2 lbs Cream Cheese
1 ½ lbs Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Orange Extract
Directions For Cake
1. Grease and flour 2 12 inch round cake pans.
2. Pulse the first six (dry) ingredients in a food processor; place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a large food processor beat together the next seven (wet) ingredients.
4. Pour wet mixture over the carrots and let rest for 5 minutes in a separate bowl.
5. Add pecans, pineapple and raisins to the dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
6. Add the carrot mixture to the mixing bowl, mix just until wet; don’t over mix.
7. Divide equally between pans.
8. Bake the cake at 350 for 40 minutes then check; if it needs more time reduce to 325 for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to completely cool before icing.
10(A) don’t forget to cut each layer in half.
10. When icing use 1 cup of icing between each layer.
Directions For Icing
1. In a large mixing bowl cream Cream Cheese and Sugar.
2. Add milk, vanilla and orange extract and blend well to incorporate air for lighter icing.
3. To use left over icing for decorating chill for 1 hour before using.thing taste, texture density, and I hope You are as well.
Helpful tip: I put the cake in the freezer for a couple hours. It makes it easier to cut each cake in half, and minimized the crumbs.
© 2017 Naples Herald. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.